Sunday, November 25, 2007

Santa Parade 2007

If people in HK see this parade, I think their first reaction would be to snort in disdain -- But around here, people actually thought it was pretty impressive.

Personally, I think it was just too damn cold.

When your feet are so cold they hurt, your good humour just kind of goes out the window. I doubt I would have stayed the whole parade if I actually had a choice, but I didn't, not really, because there were so many people on the street you really can't move anywhere until the whole thing's over.

Anyway, before I got all cold and bitter about the whole thing I was volunteering for the food bank, selling pompom (yes of all things) at the jacked up price of $2. Of course, it's all to a good cause, so many people were actually willing to pay the bucks.

I haven't done stuff like this for soooo long. I think the last time I volunteered at a one day event for a charity organization is back in grade 12, when this sort of thing is still useful on my resume. If I am less apathetic (and tragically disillusion), I would have probably feel warm and fuzzy and enjoy the whole ordeal more. But as it was, the whole event was only okay.

But regardless, here are a few pictures of the better floats so you can get a sense of what it was like there.







And just for a touch of patriotism...


I never knew Canadian high schools have marching bands too. O_o


My personal favorites...

No comments: